Deadline: January 11, 2023
Applications are open for the Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) International Student Essay Competition 2023. The competition invites students to submit one essay in English, entitled: “How can young people be better supported to thrive in green jobs?”
They want to hear students’ own views on how they feel they can be better supported to succeed in the green jobs market. Students are invited to approach the topic however they wish. They are strongly encouraged include their own personal views, perspectives and experiences to help bring their thoughts and visions alive.
- One overall Grand Prize trophy winner will receive a free international trip to a TSL Summit, including £500 spending money.
- The Top 10 essay medalists will receive eco-friendly e-medals with redeemable gift tokens.
- All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates.
- The International Student Essay Competition is open to all students worldwide.
- Must be aged 7-18 across two age categories – 7-11 years and 12-18 years.
- The judges look for originality and creativity, woven around a fact-based narrative in all formats – and the potential to contribute to constructive national or international debate. Unique and well-argued perspectives score highly.
- All work should be original and the students own. A bibliography of references should be included where appropriate and will not be counted as part of the official word limit. Essays or videos with plagiarised content will not be considered for an award. Especially within the essay competition, the same snippets of text tend to reappear again and again from common sources such as Wikipedia, and thus become very obvious to essay readers!
- Each student’s age is taken into account when judging, so that younger students are not at an unfair disadvantage when compared with older students.
- They understand that for some students English may be a second language and therefore do not mark down for syntax.
Teacher Champions represent their school or college and submit all the student’s essays. Students can participate in one of two age categories.
Register as a Teacher Champion
For more information, see FAQ and visit Student Essay Competition.