Applications are open for the Scottie Barnes Scholarship 2022. Skilled Trades College of Canada and Toronto Raptors’ Rookie of the Year, Scottie Barnes, are inviting black and Indigenous students to “shoot their shot” for a chance to win one of four scholarships that will kickstart their career in the skilled trades industry.
Winners chosen by Scottie will be able to enroll in any of the Skilled Trades College’s campuses across the GTA for electrical, plumbing, data and smart home wiring, and home renovation.
Winners of the scholarship will:
- Be Invited to a Raptors Game in the fall, attend a meet-and-greet with Scottie Barnes and receive a signed Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors Jersey.
- Choose Their Campus (Toronto East, Vaughan, Mississauga, Ajax)
- Choose Their Course (Electrical, Plumbing, Home Renovation & Smart Home Wiring)
- Start in January 2023 and Complete the 12 Week Course
- Give STC an update during the course, and 3 months after
- Students awarded scholarships will be eligible to become an apprentice in their trade of choice and have their full tuition, learning materials, tools and textbooks covered for the duration of the program—a combined value of $20,000 per scholarship.
- Applicant must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Completed High School or Equivalent;
- Age 18-30;
- Identify as a visible minority (BlPOC).
- Tell them about yourself
- Why you deserve the Scottie Barnes Scholarship
- What your plan is once you complete the course
- 30 – 90 seconds in length
Applicants can apply for the Scottie Barnes Scholarship in one of four ways:
- Get Social: Post your application video on Instagram or TikTok and tag @STC_Canada, as well as submit your name, number, date of birth, email, and address via direct message;
- Email Scottie: [email protected] with your application video and all pertinent information;
- Text Scottie: Text 647-869-8053 with your application video and all pertinent information; or
- Submit Online: Fill out this online form and submit your video.
For more information, visit Scottie Barnes Scholarship.