Applications are invited from suitably qualified South Africans to apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme aimed at supporting undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Education for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Funza Lushaka bursaries cover most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses covered include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, teaching practice and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Higher Educational Institutions in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme for South Africans, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be 30 years and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- The Funza Lushaka bursary does not fund extended programmes.
- The applicant must be accepted into an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE programme to specialise in two or more of the priority subject areas.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
- The applicant must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED).
- Students must meet the minimum academic criteria for award of the bursary.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2023 are to visit the application portal and follow the steps outlined (below):
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2023 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Application Deadline: Not specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details