Applications are invited from innovative tech startup in Africa for the ClimaTech Run for Startup 2022. Entrepreneurs are hammering out innovations in every corner of the world, and many projects show great promise in combating climate change.
ClimaTech Run’s tech-startup track provides global startups with the opportunity to pitch during COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, and participate in capacity building, incubation, and acceleration programs.
ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup | DETAILS
The ClimaTech Run focuses on the use of ICT in developing innovative solutions and new applications for climate action, notably in the following thematic areas: Energy, Food Security and Agriculture, Water Management, Industry 4.0 for Climate Action, Urban Sustainability, Mobility and Transportation, Other Climate Resilience Applications. There will be 10 shortlisted candidates, a special grand prize of USD 100,000 and a top African startup prize of USD 50,000.
To be eligible for the ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.
Prizes for the track are:
- Grand prize of USD 100,000
- 2nd prize of USD 50,000
- 3rd prize of USD 25,000
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the ClimaTech Run for Tech Startup 2022 are to complete an online application by the application deadline.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details