WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Women in Engineering Southern Africa Fellowship which aims at developing leadership, innovation, employability and well-being skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond.
The fellowship will have four modules running from September 2022- March 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks designed to shape the way fellows think about themselves as engineering professional and leader. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to attend an in-person networking event with leaders from De Beers Group in their respective countries.
Company/Organisation(s): De Beers Group
Program Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: South Africa, Botswana and Namibia
Program Duration: 7 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships for Africans 2022, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are to citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2022- March 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, employability and well-being.
- Grow professional network
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Growing your community of other like-minded women in engineering and technology
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari from their respective country.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships are to complete an online application by the application deadline.
It is advised that responses are completed offline first as applicants cannot save their application and return. Applicants can download the questions.
Application Deadline: 7 August, 2022
Visit the Official Website for More Details