Deadline: November 30, 2022
Are you an entrepreneur running a micro or small enterprise that contributes to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production in Ethiopia? Or do you have a clear idea and an implementation strategy for a business that you would like to start? Then the new WIDU Local Call: #FoodCallEthiopia is your opportunity to scale-up or start off your business!
In response to the increased needs in terms of food security in Ethiopia, WIDU is now launching a #FoodCall through which micro businesses or business ideas that contribute to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production can get grants and coaching.
- 50-100 applicants will be selected to receive a WIDU grant and business coaching.
- The grant amount is calculated by multiplying your investment by 2.5.
- Example 1 (minimum amounts): For your investment of 14.000 ETB, you will receive 35.000 ETB as a grant.
- Example 2 (maximum amounts): For your investment of 55.000 ETB, you will receive 137.500 ETB as a grant.
- Applicants need to hold the Ethiopian citizenship;
- Applicants need to be 18+ years old;
- Applicants need to either have an existing small business or a concrete business idea.
- Female entrepreneurs are specifically encouraged to apply.
There are multiple selection criteria that will be taken into consideration:
- Impact on food security and nutrition
- Overall quality of application (completeness, coherence, etc.)
- Employment creation
- Creation of income
- Degree of innovation
After the closing of the application period, the most promising applications (50-100) will be selected. You will be informed of the decision by e-mail.
For more information, visit WIDU Local Call: #FoodCallEthiopia.