Applications are now being received for the 2023 UNDP Graduate Programme for Recent Graduates. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is launching a second cohort of its 2-year Graduate Programme and is looking for candidates to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool.
The programme serves to equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start a career in international development, accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, build better futures and make a positive difference in the world!
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Varies
Program Duration: 2-years
Available Slots: 40
Basic Qualifications: Masters Students
Nationality: See Eligible Countries
UNDP Graduate Programme 2023 | Who Can Apply?
The programme is open to candidates who are available to join UNDP from first quarter of 2023 onwards and who meet the following requirements:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 2 years of work experience) or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years and not more than 3 years of relevant, paid work experience)
We encourage applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses:
- To be eligible for the Programme and Policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science or a related field.
- To be eligible for the Corporate Operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, human resources management, economics, data management, or a related field.
- We are looking for engaged young individuals whose values match those of UNDP:
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation (through Principled Performance)
- You will have some experience in one or more of the following areas: UNDP programme areas (poverty and inequality, governance, resilience, environment, energy, gender equality), business operations, project management, partnerships, innovation, digitalization, or data analysis and management.
- You will preferably have worked to make an impact at community, provincial or national level (including in civil society, government, NGOs, IGOs or individually).
- The applicant must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply: Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic , Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Libya, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rep. of Montenegro, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the eligibility conditions stated above (and more on the official application page) should click here to apply. All applications will be assessed and subsequently successful applicants will be selected based on UNDP criteria.
Application Deadline: 12 October 2022