Deadline: November 20, 2022
Applications for the Teach For India Fellowship 2023 are now open. Teach For India Fellowship Programme is now open for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in under-resourced schools.
Teach For India offers you the chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges — educational inequity. By presenting you with one of the most difficult challenges of your life, the Fellowship will help you develop leadership skills that are critical in today’s dynamic global work environment. The Fellowship gives you an opportunity to become a part of the solution and develop as a change agent in the society.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs. 5,300 to Rs. 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
- In order to be eligible to apply to the Fellowship, you must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India;
- You must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2023, and this must be your first application to the 2023 cohort of the Teach For India Fellowship.
- Note that prior teaching experience is not necessary to apply to the Teach For India Fellowship. They provide rigorous training to all Fellows to set them up for success in their classrooms.
- In their Fellows, they look for leaders to join a movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the movement, they look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
- Their Fellows must possess skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, setting and achieving ambitious goals, and have a high bar of expectations for themselves and others. They must demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders, along with academic excellence.
- They look for diversity in their cohort. Their Fellows come from across the world representing over 300 college campuses and companies, with varied life experiences, expertise and professional experiences. Their cohorts include college graduates, working professionals, and entrepreneurs.
The online application is designed to let you complete various sections in your own time before you submit the final version. The application form is automatically saved as you enter information. The Fellowship Selection team will review your application only after you submit the form along with the online test. They will not look at your application while you are still working on it.