The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2020 is now accepting applications for Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. The Shanghai Government has opened its doors to international students for Full Scholarships to earn a Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. On a Full Scholarship.
A full scholarship is available for international students through the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022-2023. Graduated students are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Up to CNY3500 per month is covered by this scholarship to cover tuition fees, accommodation, medical insurance, and living expenses.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) is open to international students seeking to pursue higher education at educational institutions in Shanghai, China for the 2021-2022 academic year. SGS (Shanghai Government Scholarship) was founded in 2006 with the aim of developing international student education in Shanghai and attracting more and more brilliant international students.
Studies in Shanghai are a great opportunity & SGS offers Scholarships in China to Non-Chinese Students in a variety of disciplines. Under the Shanghai Scholarship you can study philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
There are two types of scholarships offered by the Shanghai government. (Full Scholarship) includes tuition fee exemption, housing on campus, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expenses. Type B is a partial scholarship. Detailed information follows.
About Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institutions(s): Shanghai Universities (Check list below)
- Study in: China
- Courses Offered: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and fine arts.
- Program Period: 4 to 5 years for bachelor’s degrees, 2 to 3 years for master’s degrees, and 3 to 4 years for doctoral degrees
- Deadline: Each year between January and June
A list of Shanghai’s universities
|2||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine||http://www.shsmu.edu.cn/iso|
|5||East China Normal University||http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/en|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||http://ices.sufe.edu.cn|
|11||University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||http://en.shmtu.edu.cn|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai University of Sport||http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||http://www.ecupl.edu.cn|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||http://admissions.shou.edu. cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai University of Electric Power||http://fao.shiep.edu.cn/en|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn/en|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||http://www.suibe.edu.cn/sis|
|22||Shanghai university of Engineering Science||http://chinese.sues.edu.cn|
|23||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance||http://en.lixin.edu.cn/web/ home.aspx|
|24||Shanghai Polytechnic University||http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Dianji University||http://guojijl.sdju.edu.cn|
|26||Shanghai Institute of Technology||http://inter.sit.edu.cn/s/56/t/ 263/p/1/c/2504/list.htm|
|27||Shanghai Business School||http://www.sbs.edu.cn/en_01|
|28||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law||http://int.shupl.edu.cn/ english/main.psp|
|29||Sanda University||http://www.sandau.edu.cn/ english/main.htm|
|30||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||http://www.iidc.gench.edu.cn|
|31||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences||http://www.sumhs.edu.cn|
|33||China Europe International Business School||http://en.ceibs.edu|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||http://yjs.sass.org.cn|
Scholarships offered by the Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS include:
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Students are exempt from the full tuition fee.
- On-campus accommodations
- Insurance coverage that is comprehensive
- Living Expenses:
- CNY3500: Doctoral program
- CNY3000 is the graduate program
- CNY2500: Undergraduate program
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- The school provides comprehensive medical insurance and is exempt from tuition fees.
Also Check: Slovakia Government Scholarships 2022
Also Check: Top 6 Scholarships in New Zealand 2022
Shanghai Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for the Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Required Languages: Applicants should have a Chinese proficiency level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university.
- Eligible Countries: All countries except China.
- Non-Chinese citizens and in good health are required.
- Candidates for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23 years old.
- A high school diploma and a minimum age of 25 are requirements for the bachelor degree program.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 to qualify for the master’s program.
- Candidates for the doctoral degree program must hold a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Academically outstanding.
- Meeting the admission requirements of the applied university and program.
- A candidate who has received any other scholarship offered by the Chinese government or organizations is not eligible to apply to SGS.
How do I apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship?
To apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- You can register and apply online at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Complete the online application and download the application form.
- An applicant should register and apply online on the university’s website (a list of universities is provided above). Apply online and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- The application form can be downloaded and printed after you submit the online application. Send two hard copies of the application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- Documents required in general:
- Application Form at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Transcripts (notarized photocopies): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations into Chinese or English.
- (Notarized photocopy of highest diploma):
- Copy of health certificate and blood test. Make sure you have your original documents with you when entering China.
- Passport photocopy, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of achievement from your high school (not mandatory).
- A letter of guarantee from a guardian is required for applicants under 18.
- You might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION if you don’t check your email regularly and make sure your email address is accurate.
- Both in your application account and on the International Students’ Office website, the result of your application will be announced.
- To register, admitted students must bring their original graduation certificates and diplomas on the dates specified in their admission letter. Students who fail to provide the appropriate certificates will have their enrollment cancelled.
Also See: Best 5 Scholarships in Poland 2022
Visit the official website for more information about the Shanghai Government Scholarship:
Note: Follow our Facebook Group, Twitter, YouTube channel & Telegram Group. Linkedin
Leave a Reply