Are you a medical researcher interested in Medical Research Grantsmanship and Mentorship training programme? Then take advantage of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training 2022.
The programme is a collaboration between the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research and the NIMR Foundation aimed at building adequate and sustainable network of committed early career researchers with inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative approach in developing high quality, competitive grant writing and capacity for healthcare research.
What the Programme Will Cover
- Understanding of health services research methods
- Formulation of research questions and hypotheses
- Selection of appropriate statistical tools for data analysis
- Ethics and Ethics Permission in Research
- How to search and identify targeted funding agencies and understand funders’ requirements
- Writing compelling grant proposals
- Identification of the technicalities of the peer review process and demonstration using a practice peer review process
- Improving proficiency in training and communication skills including writing plain language summaries
- Training on proficiency in facilitation of micro-teaching session on mentorship.
- Principles of establishing and managing partnerships and collaborations.
NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training, you need to provide evidence that:
- You are a citizen of a Nigeria (from any of the six-geopolitical zones).
- You are an early career investigator (junior and mid-level researcher) and you have completed your research education (either of below):
- You have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognized academic institution normally within the past 6 years
- You have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS research-relevant Master’s degree, both awarded normally within the previous 6 years
- You are currently employed in Nigeria by a recognized university or research institution to develop and conduct any type of health care research.
- You have limited or no experience in proposal development and grant-writing.
- You have not won any significant local or international research grants.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this training opportunity.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the NIMR Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training 2022 are to complete and submit the online application and provide the following supporting documents in a single PDF file:
- Short motivation essay of not more than 500 words.
- One page research proposal
- Short bio sketch (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of recommendation/support from the Provost/Dean of College/Faculty.
Application Deadline: 11th September 2022 at 11:59 PM WAT
Visit the Official Website for Further Details