The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is currently accepting applications from interested and outstanding candidates for Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Program as part of its Human Resource Development Initiatives to give Niger Deltans the opportunity to compete globally in several field of studies.
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Program will also give Niger Deltans the training and skills they need to effectively participate in the current administration’s local content program and compete internationally in a variety of professional disciplines.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
Host Institution(s): Recognized Foreign Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees
Nationality: Nigerians (Niger Deltans)
DETAILS | NDDC Foreign Post Graduate Scholarships
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
- Hospitality Management
To be eligible for NDDC Foreign Post Graduate Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants MUST come from the Niger Delta Region.
- Applicants must have First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of LGA
- First Class Traditional ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- All the applicants MUST come from the Niger Delta Region.
How-to-Apply: Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
Successfully complete application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
For further enquiries, please contact:
Director of Education, NDDC
E-mail: [email protected].
Application Deadline: October 30, 2022