Deadline: July 7, 2022
Applications are open for the National Young Talent Award 2022. The Government of Colombia is launching the third version of the National Young Talent Award (NPC) in partnership with One Young World (OYW), the global community of young leaders that identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most influential leaders. Thanks to the creation of the NPC, Colombian youth will have the opportunity to promote their initiatives and share them globally.
The 3 available places will be allocated from the construction of projects related to the following categories, framed in the Sacúdete strategy:
- Science and technology: It is related to the innovation and technological development of projects that aim to transfomation their environments.
- Cultural and creative industries: Its main objectives are the promotion of production, dissemination or commercialization of activities related to the audiovisual, editorial, phonographic, performing and visual arts, design, advertising, creative and artistic education, news agencies, information services, multimedia content and tangible and intangible cultural heritage.
- Green industries and tourism: It focuses on economic and tourism activities that tend to generate environmental and social impacts that contribute to the conservation of the environment.
In the call for the National Young Talent Award 2022, young people with Colombian nationality who are between 18 and 28 years of age and lead initiatives in the aforementioned categories may participate.
The scholarship provides
- Entrance to the One Young World Summit 2022.
- Meals during the days of the event
- Accommodation in Manchester from 5 to 8 September 2022.
- International transport to Manchester (economy class).
- Costs associated with the Colombian passport, if you do not have it.
- International Medical Insurance.
- Costs associated with the visa for the United Kingdom in case it applies to the young person.
- The Spanish translation at the Opening Ceremony, Plenary Sessions and Closing Ceremony.
- The per diem for 7 days that the young winner will receive.
- Internal transport in Manchester.
- Be young people between 18 and 28 years old.
- Have Colombian nationality.
- Reside in the national territory.
- Not having participated in One Young World previously.
- Not be a public official.
- Lead or be part of an initiative framed in one of the 3 categories of the award.
- Relevance, depending on the category, of the initiatives you lead or have participated in.
- Leadership capacity.
- Impact of the projects carried out.
- Potential benefit for the communities or territories to which it belongs.
- Motivation in which you explain the reasons why you want to be part of this initiative.
Application deadline is July 7, 2022 (18:00h Colombia time). Late applications will not be considered.