Muhammadu Buhari who has not even cleared the air on his certificate saga, still went ahead to accept a fraudulent
honorary degree from a university that is not authorized by National Universities Commission (NUC) to do so.
1. KASU is not among the 22 universities accredited by NUC
to award honorary degree.
2. KASU was established 10 years ago, and has never graduated a PhD student.
3. Section 2.0 subsection (a) of the Council of VCs Keffi declaration 2012, prohibits the award of honorary degrees to persons holding political offices.
1. That President Muhammadu Buhari should honorably relinquish the fraudulent degree.
2. That NUC should with immediate effect sanction KASU for contravening its rules and regulations.
3. That Academic Staff Of Universities (ASUU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) should
sanction the entire management team of KASU for making a mockery of Nigerian universities.
4. That President Buhari should desist from procuring fraudulent degrees and focus on governance because, our
country is faced with terrorism, economic hardship, religious crises and political tension.
Comrade Tijani Usman
President, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)
– See more at: