Applications are invited from suitably qualified researchers for the NAI African Scholar Program 2022/2023 geared towards advancing research in Africa in impact areas identified in the NAI strategic plan.
The Nordic Africa Institute’s African Scholar Program is targeted at researchers based in Africa who need time and a conducive environment for finishing and writing up their ongoing research.
Company/Organisation(s): The Nordic Africa Institute
Program Type: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Program Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Program Duration: 12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: PhD Degree
NAI African Scholar Program | DETAILS
The Senior Researcher position is offered at the Nordic Africa Institute for the duration of 12 months. The Institute is looking for a qualified senior researcher from an African university or research institution with a demonstrable record of accomplishment. The research should be relevant to the African continent and the geopolitics or security issues; energy, energy transition and resource politics; The African Union, women and gender equity; Urbanisation, mobilities, and demographic transition.
The be eligible for the NAI African Scholar Program, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- A PhD degree in anthropology, geography, sociology, gender studies, international development, development economics or related subject.
- It is essential the applicant has 7 or more years’ experience post-PhD conducting academic research.
- A current research/teaching position in university or research institution in Africa.
- Record of high quality scholarly research.
- Strong ability to present complex issues to non-academic audiences.
- Demonstrated track record in science communication and policy/practice engagement with non-academic stakeholders.
- Knowledge of African scientific communities, and policy environments, and other stakeholders and actors relevant to the research topic.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the NAI African Scholar Program 2022 are to complete an online application and submit the following documents:
- Proposal not exceeding 5 pages presenting:
- A realistic work plan for the length of stay at the institute – detailing proposed intellectual activities, expected outputs (such as publications, dissemination activities, participation at seminar/workshop/conference activities, and policy engagements);
- Presentation of the on-going research project(s) – objective, questions, theory and method;
- A complete CV with a list of scientific publications where it is clearly indicated which publications are formally considered as peer reviewed.
- Indication of internet addresses to the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research (a maximum of three publications).
- Evidence of policy engagement / science-policy communication to non-academic audiences (a 1 page summary, or up to three non-academic outputs).
- Names and contact details of at least two references.
Application Deadline: 29th August 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details