Deadline: July 14, 2022
Applications are open for the Leading Manchester Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2022. This year’s One Young World Summit takes place in Manchester, UK from 5 – 8 September. Known throughout the world as the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Manchester has a proud history in science, politics, music, arts and sport.
Today the city combines this heritage with a progressive vision to be a city that delivers impact, innovation and inclusion in equal measures. The Leading Manchester Scholarship has been launched to celebrate young people who are working to achieve this vision.
This scholarship is looking for young leaders who can demonstrate a commitment to building a positive impact on their communities. The Leading Manchester Scholarship proactively welcomes diversity. This means they are looking for people who are doing the best they can within their individual circumstances, to improve the lives of others, no matter their field of interest or expertise.
The Scholarship will enable 30 young people who are living and making an impact in Greater Manchester to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place in Manchester, United Kingdom from 5 – 8 September.
- Hotel accommodation close to the Summit venue from 5 – 8 September*.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
*Hotel Accommodation is offered on an optional basis should scholars require it.
You should apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35.
- Live in Greater Manchester.
- Are keen to learn and expand your network at the One Young World Summit 2022.
- Have a track record of creating positive social or environmental impact in Greater Manchester. They welcome applications from candidates working on a wide range of issues. You could be championing youth mental health or creating job opportunities through entrepreneurship. Perhaps you are supporting people who are homeless or standing up for LGBTQIA+ rights? Maybe you’re tackling food waste or inspiring young people through the arts? You could be creating awareness around a wide set of issues, from climate justice to racial justice. Overall, if you are making a difference in Manchester, this opportunity is for you.
Complete the short application form by July 14, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit One Young World.