Canada is a country with one of the largest economies in the world. Little wonder it has become a heaven for foreigners hoping to get a greener pasture. The country’s employment rate is very high, allowing many foreigners to fulfill their dreams of finding well-paying and stable jobs, including jobs with visa sponsorship.
It is almost a fact that the easiest way to move to Canada is through finding yourself a job in the country and, of courses, also increases your chances of getting a permanent residency. This article discusses some of the commonly available jobs you can apply to and equally get the opportunity for a visa sponsorship to move to Canada; you will also learn about how to apply to these jobs; the various eligibility criteria and requirements for getting such jobs in Canada.
Visa Sponsorship for Jobs in Canada
Visa Sponsorship is an arrangement where a person or entity (a sponsor) takes responsibility for you and your actions during your stay in a country for which you are an immigrant. For immigrating to Canada, visa sponsorship is not unlikely. A permanent resident in Canada will have to take responsibility for a foreigner that wants to get into the country. Sometimes, the permanent resident will have to cover all the expenses of the foreigner or the immigrant he/she is sponsoring.
Visa sponsorship can be done by family members, friends, spouses, and, in this case, employers. Employers will have to obtain a labor market impact assessment to get any employees or potential employees into Canada. The next part of this write-up will give a brief explanation of what this is all about.
What is a Labor Market Impact Assessment?
A Labor Market Impact Assessment is a document that is required by every employer in Canada to hire a foreign employee. With such document, the employer will ascertain that there is no available Canadian worker for the job and that there is a need for a foreign worker. Every employer in Canada will have to apply for one before hiring a foreign worker.
Benefits of Getting a Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
As stated earlier, getting a job with visa sponsorship makes it easier for anyone to obtain permanent residency in Canada. As a worker in Canada, you will get the following benefits:
- The opportunity for getting a permanent resident permit.
- Gain from the Canadian minimum wage which is very encouraging.
- New mothers will have maternity leave.
- The opportunity to get more training and experience in their professions.
- You will be given opportunities to study alongside your job (in most cases).
- You will get health coverage from your company of employment.
- Companies that offer visa sponsorship give disability insurance.
- Most companies in Canada offer pension schemes.
These and many more are some of the benefits you can get if you are successful with a visa sponsorship job in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria for Getting a Visa Sponsorship Job in Canada
Although there are so many unskilled jobs available for foreigners with visa sponsorship. So many companies in Canada will want the following qualifications;
- Computer literacy
- depending on the type of job.
- A solid command of the French and English
- Good experience in the related field of work
- A high school diploma or degree.
- Most employers prefer people within the age range of 21 to 40 years.
- A valid means of identification. This could be a passport or a Valid ID Card
- No records of criminal activities.
- No medical illnesses
- Mental stability
There are also requirements that might be job-specific but not listed among the ones above.
How to Apply for Sponsorship Jobs in Canada
As hard as it sounds, you do not need a long and rigorous process to get a job in Canada with Visa sponsorship. What really matters most is your relevant work experience and your qualifications for the job. Follow the steps below to secure a job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship;
- Firstly, you have to prepare a well-structured curriculum vitae in line with what Canadian Employers will accept.
- Secondly, take the step to search for available jobs online that offer visa sponsorship.
- Take advantage of platforms like LinkedIn. Create a very good and professional profile showing your qualifications, location, work experience and the type of jobs might be interested in.
- One important tip is to apply directly to the website and apply to multiple companies* (we shall be updating this page with example portals where such jobs can be found).
NB: In applying to visa sponsorship jobs online, one must be very careful to avoid being scammed.
Types of Jobs you Can Get in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
Here are some types of jobs you can get in Canada with Visa sponsorship. Here we have listed both skilled and unskilled jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship.
- Welding jobs
- Farm jobs
- Software development
- Chef Jobs
- jobs providing care
- Restaurant Jobs
- Data Engineering
- Jobs in Store Management
- Jobs in Data Analysis
- Cloud Development
- Resource management
- Engineering for Field Service
- Account Management
- Shop Attendant Jobs
- Supply chain Logistics Management
- Cleaning jobs
- Roofing jobs
- Driving jobs
- Relocation engineering
The list is endless, you can choose to apply for any of such jobs in verified platforms as long as you are qualified. It is also good to re-emphasize that you not compulsorily need a job to be allowed entry into Canada, with a job offer however, you stand a better chance of not just moving to Canada but also obtain permanent residence in Canada.