Deadline: October 16, 2022
Applications are open for the International Youth Math Challenge 2022. The IYMC is an international mathematics competition that enables students from all countries to prove their math skills and to unleash their creativity.
Mathematics is an essential for the understanding of the world, scientific achievements, and progress, and for engineering and prosperity in our society. There is no doubt that math education is crucial for students of all ages around the world. IYMC aims to establish a global competition that is accessible to all students and teachers – youths receive the unique opportunity to challenge their skills, be encouraged and rewarded, and to enjoy the fascinating world of mathematics.
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- The best students receive the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize with a cash prize of respectively $150 USD, $100 USD, and $50 USD (in both age categories).
- A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math and to participate in IYMC.
- All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions receive a special honorary note on their certificates since this skill is important for the future career.
- Applicant must have to be a high-school or university student;
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative.
- You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
- The qualification round 2022 consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until October 16, 2022. All participants receive certificates.
- Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have four days to solve 10 problems of the pre-final round. The registration costs are 8 EUR to make this competition possible.
- Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an online exam supervised by your teacher. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over $700 USD.
Submit your solution to the qualification round via the official submission form. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file (e.g. you can use ImgToPDF).
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. They do not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF: PDF-Converter
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
For more information, visit IYMC.