Deadline: October 10, 2022
Applications are open for the Impact Entrepreneurship Competition 2022. The Impact Entrepreneurship Competition is a competition designed for entrepreneurs and early-stage companies generating positive impact in Ghana’s economic, social and/or environmental sectors, contributing to sustainable development in the region.
Its mission is to recognize and support innovative and successful businesses making a positive impact on society in Ghana, strengthening the impact ecosystem in the country and contributing to bridge the gap between impact and profit.
The Impact Entrepreneurship Competition is organized and promoted by Kosmos Innovation Center Ghana, Glovo and Open Value Foundation
Over $20,000USD in cash prizes and more than $5,000USD of in-kind prizes during the competition:
- The winner will receive a grant of $15,000USD powered by Open Value Foundation.
- An extraordinary $10,000USD will be awarded by Fundación Anesvad to a company working to improve the health and wellbeing of others, including businesses tackling environmental issues impacting people’s health.
Additionally, based on the jury’s criteria, any of the live-pitch participants will have the opportunity to receive:
- A package of support including mentoring, investor-readiness advice, networks, and introductions to other sources of funding.
- Opportunities to access products and/or services donated by partners and collaborators.
Open to any for-profit Ghana registered company that has:
- A clear for-profit business model with potential for scale.
- Between 3 and 5 years of operations.
- The ability to demonstrate positive social impact in Ghana (on rural, low-income, or disadvantaged communities).
- Not raised more than USD$500,000 in debt, grant, equity or other sort of funding.
The Competition will be made up of 2 stages. The first stage will be through an online submission while the second stage will be a physical event where the top eight shortlisted businesses will pitch in person to a panel of judges and investors. The live pitch will be held on November 4, 2022 in Accra.
For more information, visit Impact Entrepreneurship Competition.