The Hokkaido University MEXT Scholarships 2022 are now accepting applications. University Recommended MEXT Scholarships are open to international students from all countries with diplomatic relations with Japan. Japanese Government Scholarships in Japan for International Students to Study Master’s Degree and PhD in Japanese Universities. For Hokkaido University Scholarships, IELTS/TOFEL are not required.
E3 participants can apply to all 13 divisions in the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Materials Science, Applied Physics, Environmental and Resource Engineering, Architecture and Design. This scholarship does not require Japanese or IELTS/TOEFL knowledge. English proficiency certificates from your university will suffice. All costs are covered by the scholarship.
Located in Hokkaido, Japan, Hokkaido University was established in 1876. With a QS ranking of 122nd in the world, this is the most prestigious university in the world. Japan is the educational hub of the world. International students are lucky to have this opportunity.
Details About Hokkaido University MEXT Scholarships 2022 for International Students:
- University: Hokkaido University, Japan
- Degree level: Master’s, PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: Japan
- Last Date: 30 November 2022
Students wishing to undertake a postgraduate degree program at Hokkaido University MEXT Scholarships in Japan will be covered with all the expenses to study in Japan free of charge. The details are as follows:
- Monthly Stipend:
- Masters Degree: 144,000 Yen/Month
- Doctoral Degree: 145,000 Yen/Month
- Application Fee: Exempted
- Admission Fee: Exempted
- Tuition Fees: Exempted
- Arrival Ticket: Provided
- Return Ticket: Provided
What is MEXT Scholarship by Japanese Government?
Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees in the fields you studied in your home country.
- Master’s: 2 Years
- PhD: 3 Years
- Copy of valid Passport
- Previous Academic Transcripts
- Field of Study and Research Plan (Format)
- Abstracts of Graduate Thesis and Publications
- Certificates of graduation/expectations of graduation
- One Letter of Recommendation(Format)
- Obtain an English certificate from a university or take the English test.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship in Japan:
- Students currently living outside of Japan who are international students. List of Eligible countries: Countries List
- The candidate must complete or be close to completing previous degrees before October 2022.
- A Master’s Degree can only be applied for by applicants with an undergraduate degree.
- PhD candidates must have a Masters Degree Certificate to qualify.
- Students must have a CGPA of 3 or 80% in their previous degree.
- The applicant must have been born on or after April 2, 1987.
- Application deadline: 25 October 2022 – 30 November 2022
- Announcement of results: 17 January 2022
- The interview will take place between 20 and 25 January 2022.
- Results: 7 February 2022
How to apply for Hokkaido University MEXT Scholarships?
Apply for MEXT Scholarships at Hokkaido University online for 2022. Create your account in the Online Application Portal by clicking the “Apply Now” link. Complete the application form and upload the required documents. Links to the Online Application Portal and the Official Advertisement are below: