The Gates Scholarship 2022/23: Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Gates Scholarship 2022/23 program is targeted at high performing students with good academic records and aims to support students full cost of attendance as specified by their college or university.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Host Institution(s): Universities and Colleges in USA.
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: 300 per year.
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: please see eligibility and selection criteria section (below).
The Gates Scholarship 2021-22 | Eligibility Criteria
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
How-to-Apply: If you an ideal candidate for the Gates Scholarship wards based on the eligibility criteria described above, click here to apply.
July 15, 2022
Sept 15, 2022
Dec – Jan, 2023
July – Sept, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details.