The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is pleased to announce it Call for Expression of Interest for the FAO Internship Programme for Africa 2022 which aims to attract taleted young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience.
The programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework.
Company/Organisation(s): Food and Agriculture Organization
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Africa
Program Duration: 3-11 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: FAO member nations
FAO Internship Programme 2022/23 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the FAO Internship Programme applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the FAO Africa Internship 2022 are to complete their online profile on the recruitment website. It is strongly recommended that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
Applicants will be require to attach a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
Application Deadline: January 1, 2023