Deadline: October 21, 2022
Applications are open for the Expedia Group Open World Accelerator 2023. This is an initiative designed to advance innovation in the travel industry by helping startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs) fast-track their growth, and innovate on its purpose-built Open World technology platform.
The six-month, non-equity remote accelerator is open for startups and SMBs around the world, and features two programmes:
- Impact Programme
- Objective: Tying into the Open World social impact and sustainability strategy, this programme aims to empower startups and SMBs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
- Theme: Increase access for underserved travelers; making travel more open and accessible.
- Co-Development Programme
- Objective: Fast-track new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMBs on Expedia’s Open World platform.
- Theme: To be announced
- Growth: Access to Expedia Group insights and tech to accelerate your organic growth and product development including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Programme, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub.
- Knowledge Development: Regular coaching and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and external traveltech experts, in addition to workshops to advance both product and business roadmaps.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Program Opening at Expedia Group’s HQ in January 2023, and (2) Program Closure/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in-person events will be covered by Expedia Group.
- Brand Exposure: Expedia Group press, social media, and website amplification will boost your visibility in industry and investment communities.
- Financial Support: Access to up to $20,000 USD non-equity grant per selected participant company.
- Partnership Opportunities: Opportunity to explore potential commercial and/or tech partnerships with Expedia Group.
If you are a startup or SMB meeting these criteria, you are invited to apply:
- Tech or tech-enabled and must have at least a have a product or service built to the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less
- Have a mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry.
- Clarity of problem statement and potential addressable market
- Uniqueness of product/solution
- Traction and scalability potential
- Team makeup and experience
- Mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
- Quality of presentation (if applicant moves to interview round)
- Phase 1: You only need to submit the application form.
- Phase 2: Should you advance to the second round; you will need a pitch deck for the virtual interview session. This will take place on early-mid November 2022.
For more information, visit Open World Accelerator.