CSC Scholarships 2022-2023 are the most sought-after scholarships for university students worldwide. What is CSC scholarship, its benefits, and step by step application process are explained in detail in this article?
Through this scholarship, we hope to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, and cooperation between other countries and China. You can apply if you are an international student from any country.Also, See:Study in China Without IELTS 2022 | Chinese Scholarships
The CSC Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully-funded scholarship. More than 280 Chinese universities offer this scholarship for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies. In addition to housing, basic health insurance, and a monthly allowance of up to 3,500 Yuan, the Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 covers these expenses.
Scholarship applications for the Chinese Government must be submitted online through the CSC portal. The candidate should then apply to the selected university and submit the necessary documents along with the CSC scholarship application form.
Eligibility Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2022
The following are the minimum requirements for a Chinese Government Scholarships:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not to possess another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be older than 25 years old,
- Age limit for master’s degree is 35
- Ph.D. degree applicants must be at least 40 years old
- Minimum qualification:
- For undergraduate students, a High School Diploma or equivalent is required,
- Master’s Degree with a Bachelor’s Degree
- A master’s degree is required for a doctoral degree.
- Check:50 Upcoming Government Scholarships without IELTS 2022
CSC Scholarship 2022 Benefits
The Chinese Government Scholarship provides the following benefits to its recipients:
- Type A CSC Scholarships cover registration fees, accommodation (in a shared room in a university residence), basic medical insurance, and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350-500 USD).
- Type B scholarships cover the same as Type A scholarships, with the exception of the allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C scholarships are partial scholarships with limited benefits.
Due to the high demand, Type A CSC scholarships are more attractive. You should apply for Type B or Type C CSC scholarships if you can afford the living expenses.
- Yenching Academy Scholarship in China 2022 | Fully Funded
- JSU Presidential Scholarship 2022 in China-Fully Funded
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship 2022?
You can apply for Chinese Government Scholarships by following the simple and easy steps below:
- The application period for CSC Scholarships is generally from January to April of each year. Different authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. Check the deadlines of universities of your choice.
- The CSC Scholarship application must first be submitted online (in English or Chinese). With this CSC portal account, you can apply to three universities.
- The online application form will ask you to choose the type of scholarship (A, B, or C) and the authorized agency or university (a code that can be found online or provided by the university you selected).
- The required documents must be attached in PDF format once all information has been entered into the Chinese Government Scholarship application (see list below).
- Download this application after submitting your online Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check with the Chinese University of your choice if they require an online application for admission and a Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- To apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship, submit this application on the university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Prepare two sets of documents (listed below) and send them to the university.
- The results will be published on the same page of the application by mid-July. As a result, the entities began posting the necessary documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Required Documents for CSC Scholarship 2022
Completed application form: You will find it after registering on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please attach a copy of this form filled out by your doctor. You should make sure the form is signed by your doctor and has the official seal of the hospital or medical center where you completed it. On top of the previously attached card photograph, at least one stamp must be applied. Forms older than six months from the date of application will not be accepted.
(3) a CV written in Chinese or English, or you can attach a document with information about your specialty and academic interests (the space is quite small, so I recommend that you attach a document with this information).
(4) Two letters of recommendation from your last two professors, either in English or in Chinese.
(5) A TOEFL or IELTS diploma if you are going to study in English and you do not originate from a country with an English-speaking population. The minimum scores of both diplomas vary according to each university. You can also provide a simple certificate stating that you Have no IELTS certificate, but you have a certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English. The certificate is called an English proficiency certificate.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) Although it is not an essential requirement for applying for this scholarship, you must attach your HSK diploma (level of Chinese). Until you reach the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen, the Chinese government will fund up to two years of Chinese-language university study. If you already have a degree, your training will be less expensive, which will improve your chances of receiving a scholarship. Since enrollment rates in English-taught courses are twice as large as those in Chinese-taught courses, this logic does not apply.
(9). You may also need an acceptance letter from professors of the Chinese university where you want to take admission. Some universities require acceptance letters while others do not, but if you have one, it is a good symbol for you. If you are applying to a university with a limited number of seats, you should also request an acceptance letter, as you will be preferred. When applying to highly ranked universities/universities, you should request an acceptance letter so that you can be considered. Email acceptance letters to professors in October. Look up professors associated with the field of your desired university and send them an email. Please don’t copy emails from others and make it your own.
- Tips: How to find faculty of your desired university? Go to google.com and type in the name of the university, for instance Zhejiang University Faculty of Biochemistry or Life Sciences. The faculty list will appear. Email to the Professor, if he or she is not replying, don’t start Shelling emails because they might be busy or don’t need any new students.
(10). Pre-admission letters from the destination university are another important but not necessary requirement. In this letter, the university informs you that you are wanted as a student. Unless you have studied at that university and have been recognized by your merits, it is not easy to achieve. Having it increases the chances of being awarded the scholarship for that university. If you do not have a preference, you may be sent to another university of your choice (during the application process, you can select three universities in order of preference) or, at worst, to any one of them.
(11) Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, they must be attached.
(12) If a Chinese university requires an application screening fee or an application process fee, then submit it. Attach its receipt to the two sets of documents listed above
Note: It is recommended that you use a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the Chinese University in order to reach them on time.
Why Study in China? | 4 Awesome Reasons
Are you considering studying in China? Learn what you need to know about one of the most incredible study abroad destinations.
(1) World class education
Averaging 377,054 international students in 2020, China is becoming an increasingly popular destination for students from abroad thanks to English-taught programs and partnerships with almost 70 countries to ensure mutual recognition of academic degrees.
Countries are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of allowing foreigners to study in their universities in order to compete in the global economy, and China is making great efforts to promote overseas education. The university has established strong connections with universities in the United States, such as Stanford University and New York University. In 2014, First Lady Michelle Obama gave a speech about the association.
In addition, the government’s participation in Chinese institutions aims to improve education in the country. You can be sure that your education in China will be of the highest standard no matter where you decide to study.
(2) Professional Opportunities
Recently, China overtook Japan as the world’s second largest economy, which means more and more jobs are available for international students! You must be able to speak the language and have a basic understanding of their culture if you want to work in a Chinese company.
Working in a Chinese company will allow you to succeed in almost any major economy. You will learn the language, get to know the culture, and gain an understanding of the labor market as an international student, which will give you an advantage when seeking employment. Here are some universities that offer English-taught programs.
(3) Cost of Living
The cost of living in China is significantly cheaper than in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. You can buy a large meal for around £ 2 to A roundtrip on public transport often costs less than 50 cents. The cost of a study visa is £ 75, but this is much less than the cost of a visa to enter the United Kingdom.
It is also very cheap to rent, which is often the most expensive part of living abroad. In Beijing – the capital – the average cost of a dormitory is £112.
(4) Unparalleled Experience
The Chinese have been innovators in almost every subject, including business, astronomy, martial arts, philosophy, mathematics, as well as contributing to the fields of art, literature, and religion, among others . While it may be difficult to adapt to Chinese culture at first, experiencing such a rich and developed culture is a unique experience.
The country is also one of the largest in the world. From the Himalayas, in the southwest, to the Gobi desert, in the north, in the coastal east, you can find either mountains or beaches, depending on where you are. The trains that connect the main cities make it possible to travel throughout this great country at high speed (and at a reasonable cost). No matter where you study in China, you can be sure that the experience will change your life and be unforgettable!