Deadline: November 6, 2022
Applications are open for the ASRI Future Leaders Programme 2023. The ASRI Future Leaders programme, is an intensive, full-time, graduate training programme, that develops young university graduates for careers in the Civil Society and Government sectors, and therefore recruits individuals who are socially and politically active in their communities.
The programme seeks to recruit young people who aspire, in different spheres, to create change in South Africa. In developing these young people, they enhance their social and human capital in a way that not only accelerates their personal growth but which also translates into increased opportunities in the future.
Graduates of the 2023 ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship Programme, like those who were selected for previous programmes, will go on to become influential and prominent leaders in government and civil society, occupying a variety of positions in non-profit organisations; interest groups; policy institutes; media organisations; the public service and so forth.
Themes covered are as follows:
- The Constitution and Governance Law and social justice
- Public policy
- Understanding government
- NGOs and Civil society
- Political philosophy
- Economics and development
- Ethics and Values
- The investment made during the programme is approximately R90 000 per graduate (for the full programme including the externship) – which includes the cost of materials, stipends, program and operational costs.
- The programme will accept 30 individuals for 2023, and each person will receive a monthly stipend of R3 500 + a data simcard with approximately 20GB to 30GB of data per month while on the programme. There is no financial cost to the participants for being on the programme. This is not a job or employment. Being a training programme, the stipend is a monthly allowance meant to cover the costs of travel to and from the training venue and monthly subsistence.
- Community & leadership experience: Individuals should be active in their community, have some form of leadership experience and show potential for being a change agent in South Africa in the future.
- Academic: Students must have at least an undergraduate degree or diploma (or equivalent qualifications), with additional qualifications being an advantage.
- Attendance requirement: To be eligible for the programme, you must be able to be in attendance (at the premises) from Monday-Thursday from 9am-3:45pm, from February-July.
- Age limit: 30 years
- Citizenship: South African citizenship or permission to reside in South Africa (with the long term view of staying in the country).
- Alumni requirements: Upon completion of the programme, participants are expected to remain active within the Alumni Network of ASRI. ASRI will provide mentorship and support to their fellows throughout their careers.
Applications close on Sunday, November 6, 2022 at midnight. They will screen and select as applications come in, so don’t wait for the deadline to get your application in. If you do not hear from the organisers by the end of November, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the high volume of applications received, they are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Interviews will be held from November 7 to December 3, 2022 and the Fellowship programme will commence on February 1, 2023. If you are asked to attend the interviews, you will be required to bring a copy of your ID, matric marks and university transcripts along with you as proof of your qualifications
For more information, visit ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship