Get started on your study adventure in the USA. It’s good news! Yale University Scholarships are now available. Our article will explain in detail how this scholarship works, its benefits, and step-by-step instructions.
Yale University Scholarship 2022 is an international scholarship that is fully funded. Undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral students can apply for the Yale Scholarship, ranging from a few hundred dollars to more than $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000.
A member of the Ivy League, this university is one of the best in the USA. Ivy League universities are known for their prestige and academic excellence. Many high school students dream of attending Ivy League schools because studying at these universities is almost guaranteed to lead to professional success.
The Yale University was founded in 1701 in New Haven, Connecticut, making it the third oldest university in the US. Originally established to educate clergy, it soon began teaching many other subjects as well. Yale has produced Nobel Laureates, Supreme Court Justices, US Presidents, and Rhodes Scholars among other notable alumni.
Due to its academic excellence, this university is ranked among the top universities in the world. Due to its prestige and outstanding academic standard, it is ranked 15th in the world by top universities and 3rd in the United States by US News.
Yale University offers many scholarships in the form of financial aid. Approximately 63% of undergraduate students receive financial aid, including international students. Graduate students must apply for graduate scholarships to the departments of their choice since funding policies vary from department to department. Departments determine graduate funding, not the university.
Fully funded scholarships are very common for Ph.D. students. Every student receives a scholarship covering full tuition, hospitalization fellowships, and an annual stipend.
Details About Yale University Scholarships 2022
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Yale University
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- To view, the full list of undergraduate majors click here.
- To view, the full list of graduate majors click here.
- Program Period: The duration of the program depends on which program is chosen, ranging from 2 to 5 academic years.
- Deadline: Click here for undergraduate deadlines / Click here for graduate deadlines
- Yale University awards scholarships that cover 100% of the family’s financial need.
- Scholarship amounts are determined by taking into account your parent’s income, assets, and finances.
- The Yale Scholarship can range from a few hundred dollars to over $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000.
- Additionally, students whose parents earn less than 65,000 dollars a year do not pay anything! Thus, if your parents earn less than 65,000$ a year, Yale University scholarship covers tuition, room, and board!
Eligibility Criteria for Yale University Scholarships
To be eligible for Yale University Scholarships, the following criteria is to be fulfilled:
- Required Language: English.
- A TOEFL score of at least:
- On the internet-based TOEFL, you need a score of 100
- The paper-based TOEFL requires a score of 600
- The computer-based TOEFL requires a score of 250
- A score of 7 or higher on the IELTS and a score of 70 or higher on the Pearson Test.
- For more information, check here.
- A TOEFL score of at least:
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- The Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program (FRPL) is available to you.
- You have received or are eligible for a testing fee waiver for the ACT or SAT.
- Participating in a federal, state, or local program that assists students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- You are an orphan or a ward of the state.
- You fall within the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- If you live in public housing, a foster home or are homeless, you are eligible for federal housing assistance.
- Public assistance is provided to your family.
- A school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader can provide a supporting statement.
How to Apply for Yale University Scholarship?
To apply for the Yale University Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Check these specific requirements of this scholarship:
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Standardized Testing Results
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Final Report
- Mid-Year Report
- For Undergraduate students, click here to apply.
- Graduate students. Please apply by choosing the appropriate program from here.
- An e-mail will be sent to you if your application has been accepted or rejected.
The official website of Yale’s scholarship program can be found here:
- Harvard University Scholarships 2022 [Fully Funded]
- University of New Haven Scholarship 2022 USA
- Study Abroad Scholarships for International Students 2022-23