Deadline: June 28, 2022
Applications are open for the WE!ARE Climate Justice Campaign 2022. Africa No Filter, in partnership with Creative Development, invites Creative Hubs to lead in the delivery of a creative installation or pop-up showcase, workshops and mentorship programmes which address climate action in relevant and refreshing ways.
Africa has become the center stage of the global climate crisis as the continent that is not only the hardest hit by climate change, but also perceived to be sleepwalking into a potential climate catastrophe. They want to harness the power of art and creativity to change the narrative on climate change in Africa and bridge the gap between communities who will most be affected, and policy makers who will determine the climate future.
For nearly three decades the UN has been bringing together almost every country on earth for global climate summits, in 2022 this summit (COP27) will take place in Africa for the first time and Africa No Filter and Creative Development believe that not only has there never been a better time for the continent to find it’s voice in climate discourse, but that creative artists will be the ones to help find and communicate it.
They need Creative Hubs who will lead in facilitating, managing and supporting the development of a pop-up showcase or creative installation that resemble climate justice in the context of “The Africa We Want To See”, featuring work “co-created” with their community and 5 of their communities’ most creative, provocative and thoughtful emerging young artists.
- They will support your team with in-person training and a grant of $10,000 to curate a pop-up showcase that will facilitate public engagement and participation ahead of COP 27.
Creative Hubs must:
- Identify a creative co-ordinator who will curate the pop up showcase/creative installation;
- Plan and execute three workshops to the creative community on art and creativity as a tool for social change. These workshops must have at least 30 participants in attendance;
- Be available for a one week in-person training in July 2022;
- Facilitate payments to the selected creative co-ordinator and five participating artists;
- Have a physical Hub space where workshops will be hosted;
- Have a strong and efficient team of at least three people, who will be committed to this project.
Submit your application as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘WE!ARE Campaign 2022’.
For more information, visit WE!ARE Climate Justice Campaign.