Deadline: July 18, 2022
Are you interested in an interdisciplinary and collaborative learning on sustainable mobility? The University of Kassel, Germany, and the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, are jointly organizing an international summer school for young researchers, academia and practitioners from Sub-Saharan African countries.
The MoveOn International Summer School will be hosted in person from October 9th till 15th, 2022 on the campus of the University of Cape Coast. An additional virtual introductory and follow-up meetings are included.
With the focus on sustaining active mobility in Africa and the promotion of a sustainable mobility system worldwide, it is significant to explore the opportunities of knowledge transfer and exchange on relevant topics, methodologies and practices in research and academia.
The MoveOn Summer School is highly practice-oriented and has a multidisciplinary focus on safe and sustainable mobility. It provides a comprehensive platform that allows for an interdisciplinary and collaborative engagement with researchers and practitioners on highly relevant research areas on sustainable mobility, which require urgent need of exploration. It also gives an opportunity for young researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to discuss their research areas, challenges and ideas as well as to strengthen their methodological and practical skills.
- The MoveOn Summer School is funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- Open to young researcher, academia and/or practitioner with an interest in sustainable mobility;
- Availability for the full-time in-person participation during the MoveOn Summer School;
- High motivation expressed in a letter of motivation;
- Good command of English.
The application process is organized in two steps.
- In the first step, to express the interest to participate in the MoveOn Summer School, you will fill an application form.
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your expression of interest and requesting to submit the application documents.
- In the second step, submit the required documents (letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages)) per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit MoveOn Summer School.