Deadline: July 10, 2022
The Institute for Creative Arts (ICA) at the University of Cape Town invites applications for the 2022 Curatorial Fellowship. Applicants should have an interest in Live Art and its development on the African continent.
The focus of the Fellowship will be the research and development of a website that will house the Live Art Network Africa (LANA). LANA is a network of African artists, researchers, academics, curators and writers practising and/or researching in the field of live art. LANA was launched at the ICA on February 20, 2018.
The Fellowship will entail research, dialogue with network partners, compiling databases and media leading towards an event that will comprise performances, panel discussions and keynote addresses as well as the launch of the website in February 2023. The Fellowship will provide the successful candidates with the opportunity to engage with the ICA’s network of African artists, work closely with Live Art archives at the ICA, work alongside the research, technical and production staff at the ICA, and be mentored by Professor Jay Pather.
- The fellowship is worth R50,000.
- Open to artists and academics from all disciplines;
- Applicant should hold a postgraduate qualification;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in curatorship;
- Experience with archiving, desirable;
- Experience with organisation/network building, advantageous;
- Existing networks or relationships with artists in African countries;
- Proficiency in both English and French will be advantageous.
Applicants must complete the application form by 23:59 (SAST) on July 10, 2022.
For more information, visit Curatorial Fellowship.