International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders programme is currently open for applications from interested and eligible young people who wish to be empowered to leverage the power of sport to make a positive difference in their communities.
The programme aims to support young people in the development and implementation of social projects that use sport to solve issues in their communities. The applications are now open for the sixth generation of the IOC Young Leaders programme, supported by Worldwide Olympic Partner Panasonic.
Company/Organisation(s): International Olympic Committee (IOC)
Program Location: Worldwide Olympic
Program Duration: Four-week learning sprint before the program
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: High school Cert., BSc, MSc
Nationality: All Nationalities
IOC Young Leaders programme | What to Expect
The new IOC Young Leaders programme application and selection process for the generation 2023-2026 is launching in September 2022 with the key aim to find the next cohort of passionate IOC Young Leaders who will imagine, design and realise their own sustainable sport-based social businesses / projects.
The IOC Young Leaders Programme is part of the IOC’s long-term commitment to support young people and empower them to become social change-makers through sport, while reinforcing sport’s role as an enabler for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programme is designed to best equip the selected young leaders to solve local problems through grassroots sports initiatives and sustainable business models.
To be eligible for International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Knowledge of English is a must, as all learning materials and communication will be in English.
- A two-hour commitment per week is required to take part in weekly virtual sessions and to fulfil weekly tasks.
- Access to a reliable internet connection and basic technology skills are necessary to navigate four virtual sessions, fill in digital feedback forms and complete weekly tasks.
- Social media skills are required to complete weekly social media tasks.
- Participants should be interested in learning about the Olympic Movement, Olympism 365 and sport-based social business and development.
- Participants should be interested in applying for the IOC Young Leaders Programme after the Learning Sprint has been completed.
How-to-Apply: The process for selecting the IOC Young Leaders for 2023-2026 consists of two stages: the 4-Week Learning Sprint and the IOC Young Leaders Programme Application Process.
STAGE 1: Completion of the 4-Week Learning Sprint is the first prerequisite for a candidate to be eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
Registration for the 4-Week Learning sprint opens on 15 September and closes on 20 October 2022.
The four sessions of the 4-Week Learning Sprint will take place in November: every Tuesday starting on 8 November.
More details will be communicated to those who register.
STAGE 2: After successfully completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint (Certificate of Participation earned), a candidate becomes eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
Leave a Reply