For its doctoral programs in ” Systems Science (SyS) ” (10 scholarships), ” Cognitive and Cultural Systems (CCS) ” (14 scholarships), and ” Economics, Analytics and Decision Sciences (EADS) ” (8 scholarships), the IMT School for Advanced Studies in Lucca, Italy is offering 32 scholarships.
An Italian public research institution, IMT School for Advanced Studies conducts advanced studies. It was founded in 2005 and stands for “Institutions, Markets, Technologies”. The university’s main campus is located within the historical walls of Lucca, in the San Francesco complex.
About IMT School for Advanced Studies Scholarships 2022
- DEADLINE: July 27, 2022, for SyS and CCS programs, June 30 for EADS program.
- LEVEL: PhD.
- FUNDING: Fully funded.
- DURATION: 36 months, extendable up to 48 months.
- LOCATION: Lucca (Tuscany, Italy).
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English.
- START DATE: early November 2022.
Benefits and amount
The following benefits will be available to selected candidates:
- Tuition waivers.
- A monthly allowance for a maximum of three consecutive years, extending to four years.
- All year long, meals (lunch and dinner) and housing are free on campus.
- Campus facilities are free to use.
- Research and international mobility fund.
- Social security and health insurance.
- Mentoring, training, and career development assistance.
- A scientific training program including a variety of courses and seminars taught by leading researchers.
To be eligible for the IMT School for Advanced Studies scholarship, you must hold (or obtain before October 31, 2022) a Master’s degree or equivalent in one of the following domains:
- Applicants should possess a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- The following fields are applicable to the CCS program: Archaeology, Art History, History, Classics, Museum Studies, Visual Studies, Philosophy, Law, Culture Management, Architecture, Architectural History, Humanities, Digital Humanities, Medicine, Psychology, Neurosciences, Cognitive Sciences, bioengineering, linguistics, biology, economics, or other related fields.
- EEADS program : Economics, management, statistics, law, physics, computer science, engineering, logic, philosophy, mathematics, cognitive and behavioral sciences, or in other contiguous fields.
There is no age restriction for candidates.
You must have a high level of English proficiency.
How do I apply for scholarships at the IMT School for Advanced Studies?
Use the online application system to submit your application.
Registration is required, followed by the provision of requested data and documents. Your application can be completed in several sessions.
There is no application fee.
Students who will receive their Master’s degree before October 31, 2022 are also encouraged to apply.
Applications are due by noon on July 27, 2022 (CEST).