The application period for the Government of Canada Scholarship 2023 will soon begin. Canadian government scholarships 2023 are available for graduate students from all over the world. A total of 166 scholarships will be awarded to highly qualified graduates who are interested in studying in Canada and carrying out research that will benefit humanity. The scholarship is open to all international students who are also Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
PhD programmes, MA/PhD, MD/PhD, or master’s degrees that lead to PhDs are eligible for this scholarship. Canada will fund the PhD programme for three years. We are looking for outstanding candidates with leadership skills and academic accomplishments for our doctoral scholarship program. Graduate scholarships are awarded based on three fundamental factors: academic excellence, leadership potential, and research promise.
The organization was founded by Georges P. Vanier, a Canadian soldier and the country’s first governor general. There is a slight difference between the application process and the standard scholarship application. Individuals cannot apply alone. Those who wish to nominate someone should contact their research institute, or the institute may do so itself.
Details Government of Canada Scholarship 2023
- Country: Canada
- Host: Government of Canada
- Degree Level: Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., or master’s degrees leading to PhDs
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Opening Date: June 30, 2022
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Health science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
Benefits of Scholarships
- Through the Scholarship, an annual award of $50,000 will be provided for three years.
- Students can study at a Canadian university of their choice.
Criteria for eligibility
To apply for a Vanier Canada graduate scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants and submitting universities must adhere to the requirements.
- A foreign national, a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident of Canada may apply.
- It must be their first time receiving a PhD.
- Furthermore, they may only be nominated by a single university or institute.
- After publication of results, the applicant must intend to study for a full-time PhD during the summer semester or the following academic year.
- PhD candidates must have completed their PhD degree in no more than twenty months of full-time study (as of 1 May 2022).
- There are no additional scholarships, awards, or funds available for PhD programmes.
- Candidates must have earned a first-class average in each of their last two years of full-time study.
- In addition, candidates may not be currently receiving any fellowships or scholarships from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
- Statement of leadership,
- The ResearchNet application form,
- Two recommendation letters,
- Contribution to research,
- In a research proposal,
- References to the project,
Researching Canadian universities is the best way for applicants to ensure they get into their desired institute. Once the first step is completed, begin the Research Net application and then complete it in accordance with the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship 2023 application requirements. The application can only be completed in English or French.
Verify that all necessary procedures were completed and that the required documents were attached in the proper format. Double-check the form to be sure nothing has been overlooked. Send your application to the nominating institute before the internal deadline expires. Nominations from nominating institutions/universities will be forwarded to the Secretariat.
If more than one institute is interested in nominating a student, the student must choose only one institute, because multiple nominations for the same student will disqualify him/her. Nominees are responsible for contacting the institute to learn more about applications and selection.
By November 1, 2022, the deadline for applying for the Vanier Canada Scholarships will have passed. Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2022.