Deadline: July 24, 2022
Applications are open for the EngageMedia South and Southeast Asia Gender and Digital Rights Fellowship 2022. The two-month fellowship is designed to empower advocates in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines, and Sri Lanka to do work around the intersection of gender rights and digital rights, with a focus on key issues in their respective countries and within the region.
The program aims to increase the number of digital rights defenders in the region that implement a gender lens in their advocacy work, as gender-based issues and threats have increased in recent years.
The fellowship program includes the following key activities:
- Four online learning sessions that will cover the following topics:
- Gender rights landscape in South and Southeast Asia;
- Introduction to digital rights and safety;
- Gender and digital rights movement in South and Southeast Asia; and,
- Key gender and digital rights issues in South and Southeast Asia.
- A two-month mentoring period between EngageMedia and the fellows, where specific fellowship goals agreed upon will be worked on, based on the needs of the selected participants and their organisations.
- Technical and content support for the fellows, to be provided by EngageMedia, in the event that they want to conduct campaigns or produce content about gender and digital rights during the fellowship.
- Selected fellows will be given a modest allowance to cover the cost of communications for their participation during the program.
Open for gender and digital rights advocates in the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines, and Sri Lanka. Examples of eligible individuals include (but are not limited to):
- Staff members of civil society organisations who are interested to do advocacy work on gender and digital rights;
- Students and young leaders who are interested to do advocacy work on gender and digital rights within their school, university, or organisation;
- Community leaders who are interested to do advocacy work on gender and digital rights within their area or locality; and,
- Other advocates interested in engaging an organisation or a community about gender and digital rights.
Interested parties may apply through the form on or before Sunday, July 24, 2022, 23:59 Bangkok time (UTC+7).
For more information, visit EngageMedia.