The following article is for you if you want to study in Germany with a scholarship. DAAD scholarship 2022, its benefits and how to apply are described in detail in this article.
DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 provides full funding for international students. Scholarships are available to study at top German universities for masters or PhD. For graduates, DAAD scholarships cover 850 euros a month, and for doctoral candidates, 1,200 euros.
An expert network that is connected to international partners is crucial to the sustainable development of a country. A better future with less poverty, more education, and better health is only possible with them. The DAAD supports the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs.You Can Scholarships in Germany Without IELTS | Fully Funded
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or master’s degree at a German university, and in exceptional cases, to pursue a doctoral degree, and to obtain a postgraduate or doctoral diploma in Germany.
Details About DAAD Scholarship For International Students in Germany
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Dependant on the study program chosen, between 12 and 36 months.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The following benefits are provided by the DAAD Scholarships 2022 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
- Graduates receive 850 euros per month, while doctoral candidates receive 1,200 euros.
- Assist with travel expenses, unless these are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Coverage for health insurance, accident insurance, and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
Scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits in certain circumstances:
- Subsidy for monthly rent.
- Contributions towards tuition fees charged by the university (maximum € 500.- per semester).
- Also See: Eric Bleumink Scholarship in Netherlands 2022
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2022
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- English is the language of instruction for international programs. English language certificates are usually required, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Other programs are taught in German. German language certificates are usually required, such as DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Professional experience of at least two years is required.
- It is expected that candidates will take on social responsibility and initiate and support changes in their personal and professional environments after their training.
- Also Check,The British Council Scholarships Without IELTS – Fully Funded
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022?
Please follow the steps below to apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD in Germany:
Can you Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
Up to three courses can be applied for. When applying to more than one course, please list the courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university or institution in Germany) and do not change the priority in the application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personalized Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), maximum of two pages) with current date.
Applicants applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum of three courses) must submit a motivation letter explaining why they are applying for these specific courses and why that priority is important to them.
- A letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp; it also must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope).
- Proof of two years’ relevant working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- IELTS or TOEFL (Note: the institution’s TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for German courses
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if needed)
- Academic transcripts, including grades, etc. (certified translation if needed)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are required to submit an APS Certificate along with their application.
Please note that some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please refer to the course descriptions in the brochure and on the websites. Complete applications must be submitted in English or German.
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities that offer those courses.
- You should send your complete application (including the above documents) directly to the universities.
- DAAD scholarship candidates are selected by a selection committee.
- DAAD will contact the suggested candidates to upload their complete application to the DAAD portal. (DAAD will send you the link to the DAAD Portal via email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be notified.
- Also See; List of Top 10 Largest Scholarships in the World – Fully Funded
In case you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, you will have to upload the following documents (as PDF files) to the DAAD portal!
For more information about the DAAD Scholarships 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany, please visit the official website:
Why Study in Germany?
What makes Germany a great study destination? Find out why Germany is one of the best places to study abroad, located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees.
- Quality institutions
The most popular study destination in the world for non-English speakers is Germany, which has some of the top universities in Western Europe. According to the Times Higher Rankings, LMU Munich is ranked 29th in the world, Heidelberg University is ranked 37th, and Humboldt University of Berlin is ranked 49th, while many other institutions are positioned after 100.
Germany is also very dedicated to higher education, as evidenced by its high quality teaching and facilities. Each year, German state funds research projects, allowing students to conduct their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
- There are no tuition fees
It may be your dream to study in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance it. Germany may be the right choice for you! Undergraduate studies in Germany are free. Yes, you read it right! As an international student, you won’t have to pay registration fees, since registration in Germany is free.
At a German university, you can be selected to pursue a free postgraduate degree after completing your undergraduate studies. Having no tuition fees allows you to save on accommodation, study materials, socialization, and getting to know the surrounding areas.
- Job Opportunities
International students can stay in Germany for up to 18 months after graduation to find employment, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, allow them to be three months after graduation. In 2020, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students stayed on to work in Germany after graduation, reflecting the desire to remain in the country.
Additionally, universities have excellent relationships with companies, which gives them an edge in the search for internships or employment. According to the Times Higher Education’s Global Employability University Ranking,
- Quality of life
The student life in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Germany’s major cities, including Berlin, Munich, and Hamburg, are centers of culture, art, and music. No matter what your interests are, this is a great place for any curious international student.
You can find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests if you are interested in sports, politics, history, or art. It has a reliable, safe, and fast public transport system due to its strong economy and infrastructure, so moving around is very easy. You can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles, and parks during the day, and enjoy the nightlife in the main cities at night.
- International environment
Germany is a haven for international students and multiculturalism. With so many university degrees taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world are naturally attracted to the country. There were over 300,000 international students studying in the nation last year, and that number is expected to rise even further this year. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe, allowing for easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and see interesting places.
Then what are you waiting for? Begin your study adventure in Germany today!