Deadline: August 14, 2022
Applications are open for the CCA Clean Cooking Women Leaders Award 2022. The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) Clean Cooking Women Leaders Award (WLA) recognizes outstanding female leaders in the household energy sector who are advancing clean cooking solutions in emerging markets.
With the new iteration of the WLA, Clean Cooking Alliance would like to recognize three individuals in the following categories who are advancing clean cooking solutions in emerging markets:
- Policy, advocacy, research
- Business leadership and entrepreneurship
- Female youth (Ages 18-30)
The 2022 Clean Cooking Women Leaders will receive:
- Sponsorship to attend Clean Cooking Forum 2022 in Accra, Ghana, in October 2022, including registration, economy airfare to/from Accra, and lodging;
- High-level recognition at the Forum and opportunities to network with key stakeholders in the sector;
- Opportunity to showcase individuals’ work at the Forum;
- Financial sponsorship toward leadership coaching; and
- International recognition in CCA’s newsletter, website, social media, and other promotional materials.
Policy, Advocacy, Research
- Currently working in the policy, advocacy, or research space to advance clean cooking with a minimum three years of professional experience in the sector; and
- Currently holds a key leadership role within their organization/company.
Business Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Currently working to advance clean cooking with a minimum three years of professional experience in the sector; and
- Currently holds the position of CEO, COO, or another key leadership role within their organization/company.
- Currently working or volunteering to advance clean cooking; and
- Must be between the ages of 18-30.
Overall Criteria for Nominees
- Strong track record of leadership in the household energy sector, as well as demonstrable impact on the clean cooking sector.
- Demonstrated experience serving as role models for other women through coaching, mentorship, or other forms of community engagement.
- Resident/national of at least one country in which the nominee works to advance access to household energy.
The nomination process will begin on Wednesday, July 6, and run through Sunday, August 14. Applicants may nominate themselves or nominate others who fit the qualification criteria.
For more information, visit CCA Women Leaders Award.