Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2022: Applications are invited from suitably qualified Africans for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2021 which is a collaboration between researchers at the University of Cambridge and sub-Saharan African Institutions.
The Fund supports pairs of researchers (post-doctoral level and above) from the University of Cambridge or an affiliated institution and African institutions from sub-Saharan Africa to initiate and /or strengthen research collaborations.
Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2022 | DETAILS
The Research Fund is to encourage research, training and engagement activities between Cambridge and sub-Saharan Africa. It is also to serve as seed fund/catalyst to enable the development of new research activity and further joint funding applications.
The Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund competitively awards grants of between £1,000 and £20,000 for research costs, research-related travel between Cambridge and Africa, conducting research training activities in Africa.
To be eligible for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- There must exist a research collaboration between applicants from Cambridge and sub-Saharan African institution where both applicants agree to work together.
- Both applicants must be based at the University of Cambridge or its affiliated institution and a research institution or university in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Both applicants must be at post-doctoral level or above, and by completing an application it is understood that they are both doing so with support from their Head of Department or equivalent.
- Both applicants should have a formal link to a research group/department/faculty in their home institution.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2022 are to both register and complete a savable online application form.
To access the form, the Cambridge based applicant must Register Here. Only applicants with @cam.ac.uk, @sanger.ac.uk, @babraham.ac.uk, @bas.ac.uk and @niab.ac.uk email addresses can register.
The Cambridge-based applicant must then log in to the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund application form, where they will see the words “Invite a 2nd applicant to view/edit this submission”. Click on this link in order to invite the Africa-based applicant to register and edit the forms.
Final submissions should include the following documents:
- Case for support and a lay summary
- An itemized budget (template provided)
- A letter of support from the department/faculty of the Cambridge Principal Investigator (PI)
- A letter of support from the department/institution of the African PI
- CVs (maximum 2 pages) for both the Cambridge and Africa PI
- Details of two referees should be provided.
Application Deadline: 5th September 2022