Deadline: November 25, 2022
Applications are invited for the Acumen India Fellows Programme 2023. The purpose of the Acumen Fellowship is to develop a community of leaders who challenge the status quo, work across lines of difference, and inspire their communities to believe in a brighter future.
The Fellowship is the start of a journey towards mastering the skills, attributes, and values of moral leadership: a combination of empathy, immersion, understanding, and action. What binds Fellows is shared values, a common commitment to a world beyond poverty and injustice, a pledge to accompany one another, to help and celebrate one another, and to hold each other to account.
In the fellowship programme you will:
- Learn to catalyse and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of creating change at the personal, organisational, and societal levels.
- Cultivate the ability to lead effectively when opposing but interdependent values are in tension.
- Understand how to lead diverse stakeholders through recurring and complex challenges.
- Develop the capacity to tell meaningful stories that speak across lines of difference and move others to action.
- Examine your identities, values, and choices that have shaped your journey till now and cultivate a deeper understanding of yourself and your work in a broader context.
- Explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through text-based dialogue.
- Navigate systemic problems and design more effective interventions using moral imagination.
- Question your assumptions and beliefs about leading effective change.
- Be supported and accompanied by a cohort of like-minded peers persevering in the process of driving social change.
- Acumen covers all fellowship-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the in-person seminars including lodging, food, transportation, etc.
- Open to citizens of India. Acumen will, on an exceptional basis, consider applicants who demonstrate a concrete connection to the region (i.e. long-term employment, residency, the focus of the social change project).
- All seminars and training are conducted in English. Conversational proficiency in English is a requirement to ensure Fellows are able to give and get the most from this experience.
- Each cohort of Acumen Fellows must be comprised of individuals who have not previously taken part in an Acumen Fellowship. Candidates who have participated in other fellowships or leadership programmes, or who have taken Acumen Academy courses, are welcome to apply.
- Stage 1: Apply online through the application form — what are you telling Acumen? Applications open on October 10 and close on November 25, 2022
- Stage 2: Complete your online assignments — what are you showing them? Assignments open on December 17, 2022 and close on January 6, 2023
- Stage 3: Attend the Selection Conference — why is this the right time for you to be a Fellow? The Selection Conference is on February 10 and 11, 2023
- START: Embark on the Acumen Fellowship journey in March (Spring cohort) and June (Fall cohort)
For more information, visit Acumen India Fellowship.