Deadline: July 18, 2022
Applications are open for the AWIEF “Solutions Catalysing Increased Access to Capital for The Success of Women Entrepreneurs” Programme 2022. The programme aims to accelerate efforts to address gender inequality and drive inclusive economic transformation.
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) and the Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa (AFAWA) initiative of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) have joined forces to drive increased access to finance and markets for women-owned and women-led small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) across Southern, East and West Africa.
510 growth oriented WSMEs will be supported for scale, access to markets and investments readiness across 8 African countries. The programme creates a profitable pipeline of investable businesses ready to access finance.
- AWIEF Growth Accelerator (in partnership with Nedbank) – to enhance investment readiness and increase access to finance.
- eCommerce Capacity Development (in partnership with UNIDO) – for building knowledge, capacity and skills in digital channels to increase participation and success in online business.
- Digital Skills (in partnership with Amazon Web Services) – to strengthen WSMEs capacity to embrace technology innovation.
- Mentorship and Advisory – enhancing the visibility and access to role models for WSMEs through a mentorship platform.
- Open to WSMEs for participation in any one of these programme components: AWIEF Growth Accelerator; eCommerce Capacity Development; Digital Skills.
- WSMEs must be registered and operating in one of these African countries: Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
The deadline for submission is Monday, July 18, 2022 at 11:59pm Central Africa Time (CAT).
For more information, visit AWIEF.