Before beginning the application process, students should be aware of the following two intakes in the Netherlands:
- 1 Winter Intake:
- 2 Autumn Intake:
- 3 How to Study in the Netherlands in September 2022: 6 steps
- 3.1 Step 1: Get started right now!
- 3.2 Step 2 – Appear for the Examination: April 2022 to June 2022
- 3.3 Step 3 – Apply to Colleges: May 2022 to June 2022
- 3.4 Step 4: Acceptance letters and interviews: June 2022 – July 2022
- 3.5 -Step 5 – Netherlands Visa Application and Education Loan: July 2022 to September 2022
- 3.6 Step 6 – Ticketing and Departure: September 2022
- 3.8 (For Bachelors and Masters) Universities in the Netherlands for September intake
- 4 The 6 Steps to Study in the Netherlands in February 2023
- 4.1 Step 1: Get started today!
- 4.2 Step 2: Attend the exams: September 2022 to October 2022
- 4.4 Step 3: Start applying to colleges between October 2022 and November 2022
- 4.5 Interviews and acceptance letters: November 2022 to December 2022
- 4.6 Step 5: Apply for a visa or education loan between December 2022 and January 2023
- 4.7 Step 6: Tickets and Departure: January to February 2023
- 5 Netherlands Universities for February Intake (for Bachelors)
- 7 Netherlands Universities for February Intake (for Masters)
The winter intake begins in February, which is also known as February intake. This is the second intake. If you missed September intake, you can apply for winter intake and enroll without wasting an entire year. During the winter intake, not all universities offer all their programs.
Autumn intake begins in September, which is why it is also called September intake. The Netherlands, like many other countries, has its main intake in September. For the September intake, all Dutch universities offer all their courses and programs.
How to Study in the Netherlands in September 2022: 6 steps
Step 1: Get started right now!
- The first step is to look for programs in Netherlands. Once you have decided what to study, the next question is where to study it. You can choose from any top university in Netherlands. It is important to choose a university and course that will suit your academic and career goals as well as your budget. Before applying to a University, check the fees and all the requirements.
- It is important to know the application deadlines for the September intake in Netherlands. It is advisable to submit the application before the deadline.
Step 2 – Appear for the Examination: April 2022 to June 2022
- In addition to the entrance exams, language proficiency tests will be required for admission to Dutch Universities. GRE and GMAT are normally competitive entrance exams, and each university will require specific minimum marks in order to be accepted. Then there are the language tests. Tests like IELTS and TOEFL are required for English courses. CNaVT and NT2 are the most popular language tests for Dutch courses.
- Consider how long it will take for the results to be announced and plan accordingly. In addition, if you get a negative result, you will have to reappear for the test, which may take much longer than expected.
Step 3 – Apply to Colleges: May 2022 to June 2022
- A few documents will be required along with your application to strengthen it. Some colleges require essays or statements of purpose. Reference letters will also be required. The goal is to determine how serious you are about furthering your studies and how well you will fit in a university if selected.
- A month before the application deadline, begin writing your SOP, statement of purpose. Please ask your supervisors and professors to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Prepare the application and submit it once everything is in place. Submit it by the deadline.
Step 4: Acceptance letters and interviews: June 2022 – July 2022
- Upon receiving a decision on your application, you will receive an email from the University. You must inform them of your decision to confirm the allotment. If you have decided to attend the course, you should not wait to reply until the deadlines. Contact the University as soon as possible.
- Occasionally, it is necessary to pay a confirmation fee to study at a Dutch university. This fee must also be paid before a certain deadline. Therefore, pay the fees before the payment deadline expires.
-Step 5 – Netherlands Visa Application and Education Loan: July 2022 to September 2022
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an acceptance letter from the respective university. Upon receiving the acceptance letter, begin the Netherlands Visa Application process. It may take some time, so be patient. Start at least three months before departure.
- You will then receive an acceptance letter from the university. Upon receiving the letter, you should begin the process for a student visa in Netherlands. You can also apply for your study permit in Netherlands through the University you have applied to. It usually takes one month for the visa to be processed. You should apply for the student visa at least 3 months before departure.
- In this time, you should also work on arranging the finances required to study in the Netherlands. Apply for a student loan to study in the Netherlands. Now is the time to apply for study abroad scholarships.
Step 6 – Ticketing and Departure: September 2022
- You are almost ready to take off. The semester begins in September. Fly down to the Netherlands a month before the program starts. Make arrangements for accommodations before you arrive.
- Before your flight, gather all the necessary documents. An international credit or debit card is required. Create a pre-departure checklist and make sure you follow it.
(For Bachelors and Masters) Universities in the Netherlands for September intake
|Amsterdam UAS (HvA)||Radboud University Nijmegen|
|Amsterdam University College||Stenden UAS|
|Avans UAS||TIO UAS|
|Eindhoven University of Technology||University College Utrecht|
|Fontys UAS||University of Amsterdam|
|HAN UAS||University of Groningen|
|Hanze UAS||Wageningen University|
|HU UAS Utrecht||Windesheim UAS|
|HZ UAS||Wittenborg UAS|
|Inholland UAS||Duisenberg school of finance|
The 6 Steps to Study in the Netherlands in February 2023
Step 1: Get started today!
- In Netherlands, most universities admit international students on a first-come-first-served basis. You should begin the application process as soon as possible for February intake in Netherlands. As there is not a fixed deadline for every university in the Netherlands, keep in mind the deadlines that vary from university to university.
- Shortlist the universities you want to apply to before you begin. Based on your career goals, academic goals, and field of study, choose the courses that are most suitable for you. You can find application forms and requirements on the University website.
Step 2: Attend the exams: September 2022 to October 2022
- Check the English language requirements at the Netherlands University. You’ll find information about the University’s admission requirements and the tests you’ll need to take on its website.
- Competitive exams like GMAT and GRE require booking much earlier than English Language Proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Regardless, it is important to appear for exams three months in advance, as you may have to retake the test.
Step 3: Start applying to colleges between October 2022 and November 2022
- Look for Dutch universities with February intake, shortlist and decide before the deadline which college or university you want to attend. Prepare your final application. An application must show your uniqueness as a candidate and portray you in the best light.
- Reference letters can be obtained from your immediate supervisors and professors. Write your SOP (Statement of Purpose). The documentation process should begin a month before the application deadline.
- Please submit your application before the deadline.
Interviews and acceptance letters: November 2022 to December 2022
- After a while, colleges will return you to your application status. Don’t delay responding to that email. Several Netherlands colleges and universities may ask for a video interview, so be prepared for that, too.
- Once you receive a confirmation from the University, make a quick decision. Contact the college or university as soon as possible. As stated earlier, it might come down to first come first served, so don’t wait until the deadlines to respond.
- Upon enrolling, you will be required to pay the non-refundable confirmation fee.
Step 5: Apply for a visa or education loan between December 2022 and January 2023
- Before planning, it is always important to consider that some processes take time. As soon as you receive confirmation from the university, you should apply for a study loan.
- Student visa processing in the Netherlands will also take time. Document everything. Once you have all the necessary documents, the visa process is not as complicated as it may seem.
- Find out if you qualify for a study abroad scholarship to study in the Netherlands. Apply for them as soon as you receive your acceptance letter.
- Netherlands Government Scholarship 2022
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences Scholarship 2022
- University of Twente Scholarship 2022
Step 6: Tickets and Departure: January to February 2023
- Now that you’ve done all the hard work, it’s time to fly. Since most courses begin in early February, it is advisable to arrive in the Netherlands a month in advance and find accommodation on or off campus.
- Before flying, gather all your necessary documents and photocopies.
- Prior to departure, you need to obtain an international credit/debit card. Make sure you check every box on a pre-departure checklist.
Netherlands Universities for February Intake (for Bachelors)
- Hotelschool the Hague
- Saxion UAS
Netherlands Universities for February Intake (for Masters)
|Avans UAS||University of Groningen|
|Delft University of Technology||University of Twente|
|Hotelschool the Hague||VU University Amsterdam|
|HU UAS Utrecht||Wageningen University|
|Radboud University Nijmegen||Windesheim UAS|
|Rotterdam Business School||Wittenborg UAS|
|Stenden UAS||Maastricht School of Management|
|The Hague UAS||Zuyd UAS|