- 1 For international students, Australia has two main intakes
- 2 Australia 2022 and 2023 intake deadlines
- 3 Applicants to Australian universities must meet the following deadlines:
- 4 The 6 Steps to Study in Australia in February 2023
- 4.1 Step 1: Start Now!
- 4.2 Step 2: Attend the exams from September 2022 to October 2022
- 4.3 Starting to apply to colleges – October 2022 to November 2022
- 4.4 Acceptance letters and interviews- November 2022 to December 2022
- 4.5 Education Loan – December 2022 to January 2023 – Step 5: Apply for a Student Visa in Australia
- 4.6 Tickets and departure – January 2023 to February 2023
- 6 The 6 Steps to Study in Australia in July 2022
- 6.1 Start now: Step 1
- 6.2 Step 2: Attend exams in December 2021 – February 2022
- 6.3 The third step is to apply to universities between February 2022 and March 2022
- 6.4 Interviews and acceptance letters- March to April 2022
- 6.5 Step 5: Apply for a Student Visa in Australia from May 2022 to July 2022
- 6.6 Sixth Step: Tickets and Departure – June 2022 to July 2022
- 6.8 Other Australia university intakes
- 6.9 Share this:
- 6.10 Related
For international students, Australia has two main intakes
- Intake for February
- July Intake
- In Australia, February intake is the primary (main) intake. The secondary intake takes place in July. Almost all universities offer the most courses as part of the Primary intake in most countries.
- There are a limited number of universities and courses available for the July intake. These are two major intakes in Australia.
- In Australia, there are other intakes such as September and November intakes with even fewer courses. The intake dates for vocational courses vary depending on the course and university.
Each university has a different deadline for each intake, so the application process should be planned accordingly. Before six months, finish the language and entrance tests before three months, and dedicate the remaining time to the admissions and visa processes
Australia 2022 and 2023 intake deadlines
|February Intake||October – November|
|July intake||April – May|
What is the best intake in Australia?
Here is some clarification for you if you are concerned about the right intake to choose in Australia. Almost all universities in Australia offer most courses during the February intake (also known as semester 1), which is the primary intake for students. Universities also offer courses in July, and if you are not admitted in February by any means, you can take classes in July.
The October/November intake also exists; however, only a handful of universities offer them and the courses they offer are even more scarce. You can also apply to some universities all year round; the options are selected there too, but you can apply at any time of the year.
Applicants to Australian universities must meet the following deadlines:
These are the top universities in Australia, their admission requirements, the courses they offer, and the deadlines for applying.
|Universities||Deadlines for Intakes of Australia|
|February Intake||March Intake||July Intake||November Intake|
|Australian National University||15 Dec||15 Dec||–||–||31 May||31 May||–||–|
|University of Melbourne||Sept||31 Aug||–||–||NA||31 Oct||–||–|
|University of Sydney||30 Jan||31 Oct||–||–||30 Jun||1 Mar||–||–|
|University of New South Wales||–||–||30 Nov||30 Nov||31 March||31 Mar||31 Jul||31 Jul|
|University of Queensland||31 Oct||31 Oct||–||–||31 Mar||31 Mar||–||–|
|Monash University||Rolling||Late Nov||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|University of Western Australia||1 Dec||1 Dec||–||–||1 Dec||1 July||–||–|
|University of Technology, Sydney||30 Nov||15 Jan||–||–||30 Apr||30 Jun||–||–|
|Macquarie University||15 Dec||15 Feb||–||–||15 Feb||19 Jul||–||–|
|University of Canberra||01 Dec||01 Jun||–||–||01 Dec||01 Jun||–||–|
|Charles Sturt University||31 Oct||–||–||–||1 May||–||1 Sep||–|
|University of New England||–||–||26 Oct||26 Oct||Nov||NA||May||NA|
|University of Newcastle||Oct||NA||–||–||Mar||NA||–||–|
|Charles Darwin University||28 Sept||22 Aug||–||–||3 Jun||22 Aug||–||–|
|CQ University||–||–||25 Feb||25 Feb||1 Jul||1 July||28 Oct||28 Oct|
|Queensland University of Technology||28 Jan||28 Jan||–||–||24 Jun||24 Jun||–||–|
|University of Southern Queensland||6 Mar||6 Mar||–||–||17 Jul||17 Jul||29 Nov||29 Nov|
|Carnegie Mellon University||15 Apr||15 Apr||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|University of Adelaide||01 Dec||01 Dec||–||–||01 May||01 May||–||–|
|University of Wollongong||26 Oct||26 Oct||–||–||30 Jun||30 Jun||–||–|
|Bond University||January, May and September Intake (All Year Admission)|
For many universities, these are the general deadlines, and they may change depending on which courses you take. Checking the course deadlines while choosing a course and university is the best way to be prepared on time. These deadlines are for general reference only.
The 6 Steps to Study in Australia in February 2023
We can help you if you are interested in studying in Australia but are not sure where to start. Study Abroad is most important when it comes to intake. Currently, Australia has two intakes for international students; the February intake is the primary intake. Below is the timeline for studying in Australia for the February intake.
Step 1: Start Now!
For international students, most Australian Universities have a first-come, first-serve admissions policy. You should start applying early for February intake in Australia. It is important to keep in mind that the deadlines for colleges and universities in Australia differ from one another.
- Prior to that, make a list of the universities that you are interested in applying to.
- According to your career goals, academic goals, and field of study, choose the courses that are right for you.
- Applications and requirements can be found on the University’s website.
Step 2: Attend the exams from September 2022 to October 2022
- The Australian University English Language Requirements are available online. On the University website, you will find information about admission requirements and tests you must take.
- Competitive exams like GMAT and GRE should be scheduled much earlier than English language proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Anyhow, it is important to appear for exams three months before, since you might have to retake the test.
Starting to apply to colleges – October 2022 to November 2022
- Shortlist and decide on a college or university in Australia before the application deadline for February intake 2023.
- Prepare for your final application. You need to show your uniqueness as a candidate in your application.
- Reference letters can be obtained from your immediate supervisors and professors. Start constructing your SOP (Statement of Purpose). Documentation should begin before the deadline for applications.
- Please submit your application by the deadline.
Acceptance letters and interviews- November 2022 to December 2022
- Your application status will be reverted by colleges after a while. You should respond to that email as soon as possible.
- Colleges and Universities in Australia might ask you to do a video interview, so be ready for that as well.
- Upon receiving a confirmation from the University, make a quick decision. Contact the college or university immediately. It may come down to first come first serve, so don’t wait until the deadline to reply.
- When you enroll, you will need to pay a nonrefundable confirmation fee.
Education Loan – December 2022 to January 2023 – Step 5: Apply for a Student Visa in Australia
- Before planning, it is always important to consider that some processes may take time. As soon as you receive confirmation from the university, apply for a study loan for abroad studies.
- It will also take time to process a student visa for Australia. Document everything. It is not as difficult as it may seem to get a visa if you have all the necessary documents.
- If you are interested in studying in Australia, see if you are eligible for a study abroad scholarship. Once you get your acceptance letter, apply for one as soon as possible.
Tickets and departure – January 2023 to February 2023
- Now that you have done all the hard work, it’s time to fly. It is advisable to arrive in Australia at least a month before the start of most courses in early February, and to look for accommodation either on or off campus.
- Before you fly, gather all the necessary documents and their photocopies.
- Before departure, you must obtain an international credit/debit card. Make a pre-departure checklist and make sure you check each item.
The 6 Steps to Study in Australia in July 2022
Start now: Step 1
- Shortlist the universities for the July intake of Study in Australia. Determine which courses you want to study in Australia.
- Based on your academic needs, choose the course that is most suitable for you. Make sure you read the course details and eligibility criteria.
- For the July intake in Australia, different universities will have different application deadlines. Ensure you know the application deadlines for the course and university you plan to apply to.
Step 2: Attend exams in December 2021 – February 2022
- Apart from the general requirements for academics, there will be some language proficiency requirements for admission to Australian universities. The government of Australia uses PTE for immigration purposes, so tests such as IELTS and TOEFL are usually required.
- GRE and GMAT are the entrance exams for academic and competitive programs. The Graduate Record Examination is the GRE, while the Graduate Management Admission Test is the GMAT. Latter is taken by students who wish to study MBA and management in Australia.
- University websites in Australia provide information about the scores required for admission. Remember the time it will take for the results to be declared and retests if necessary.
The third step is to apply to universities between February 2022 and March 2022
- The next step is to apply to the universities in Australia once you have shortlisted the universities and have all the documents ready. As mentioned earlier, you need to check all the admission requirements and eligibility criteria for your course and university.
- Applications are typically submitted on the University’s website individually.
- As well as tests and transcripts, there will also be a SOP (statement of purpose) and LOR (letters of recommendation).
- Start writing your SOP a month before you submit the application and ask your managers and professors for letters of recommendation.
- It is important to present yourself in a positive light and make your application stand out.
- Australia’s July intake deadline falls around April and May, so be sure to apply before the deadline.
Interviews and acceptance letters- March to April 2022
- A confirmation email will be sent to you from the University if you are accepted. Please reply immediately if you wish to proceed with the University.
- Once the University has sent you a mail with your allocation, don’t wait until the deadline to confirm it. Please respond as soon as possible with your decision regarding the program you have been accepted to.
- A confirmation fee may also be required by some Universities. There is also a definite deadline for these fees and they must be paid to the Australian Universities before that date.
Step 5: Apply for a Student Visa in Australia from May 2022 to July 2022
- You should apply for a Student Visa in Australia as soon as you receive an acceptance letter from the university.
- An application for a student visa may take the longest to process. You should apply at least three months before your program begins.
- Another important factor is the amount of funds you will need to study in Australia and the student visa process. During this time, you can apply for a student loan to help you with the funds.
- If applicable, Study abroad scholarships are also available for students to study in Australia.
Sixth Step: Tickets and Departure – June 2022 to July 2022
Booking the flight tickets is the last step in the process. Prior to that, accommodation options should be arranged if you aren’t interested in staying on campus.
Make sure you have a credit or debit card for international travel.
Make sure all your necessary documents are in order before you fly. Make a pre-departure checklist, and make sure you follow it so nothing important is overlooked.
Other Australia university intakes
It is possible to start preparation for September intake if you did not get into the two main intakes. There are also universities like Bond University, Australian National University, and the University of New South Wales (UNSW) offering September intakes.
There are few universities in Australia offering November intake. You can, however, enroll in courses offered in the November intake if you have no other choice. University of Southern Queensland, for example, offers courses in the November intake.
The University of Queensland, Australian National University offers November intake for international students.